Five Minds for the Future
We live in a time of relentless change. The only thing that?s certain is that new challenges and opportunities will emerge that are virtually unimaginable today. How can we know which skills will be required to succeed?
In Five Minds for the Future, bestselling author Howard Gardner shows how we will each need to master “five minds” that the fast-paced future will demand:
· The disciplined mind, to learn at least one profession, as well as the major thinking (science, math, history, etc.) behind it
· The synthesizing mind, to organize the massive amounts of information and communicate effectively to others
· The creating mind, to revel in unasked questions – and uncover new phenomena and insightful apt answers
· The respectful mind, to appreciate the differences between human beings – and understand and work with all persons
· The ethical mind, to fulfill one’s responsibilities as both a worker and a citizen
Without these “minds,” we risk being overwhelmed by information, unable to succeed in the workplace, and incapable of the judgment needed to thrive both personally and professionally.